TR6: Jack up the Back?

To: "Martin A. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Subject: TR6: Jack up the Back?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 21:38:04 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Martin A. Secrest"
>What's the preferred method of jacking up the rear of a TR6?

It lacks the convenient rear cross member of my GT6, and I shudder a bit
at the thought of jacking it up side-to-side.  I want to get the entire
car in the air.

TIA ...

Martin Secrest
<

Do NOT, I repete, do NOT jack up a TR6 using the spare tie-down support
tube (the tube that runs side to side under the midpoint of the boot).  If
the tube is weakened by rust it will deform and you will be left with less
trunk than you started with.  Ask me how I know.

Dave