Re: TR3 fan Removal - The End

Subject: Re: TR3 fan Removal - The End
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 17:43:50 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Adrian Jones wrote:

> Am I good to go now?  I mean, the big bolt for the starting handle isn't
> going to shoot out and go through the radiator is it?  Should have thought
> about that before.

Adrian :

I've heard concerns about the fan acting as a harmonic dampener, and
it's absence leading to increased torsional vibration.  But, I've never
heard of anyone actually breaking a crank, except the racers who break
them anyway <g>

It does seem that the remaining bolts do tend to come loose, so it's
worth checking them occasionally.  If the main bolt comes loose, it
(probably) won't shoot out through the radiator, but it will allow the
hub to work back and forth on the crank, eventually wearing them both
out.  Loctite helps ! <g>

Randall