TR3A OD switch : which way is up ?

To: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: TR3A OD switch : which way is up ?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 20:40:35 -0400
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Randall
>It suddenly dawns on me that I didn't pay any attention to which way my
OD switch goes back together, and it can be assembled two ways.  Can
someone tell me, on a LHD TR3A, does the "OVERDRIVE" lettering go
towards the LH or RH side ?

I've got pictures that show it facing the RH side on a RHD car.
Unfortunately, Mr. Piggott mostly took pictures of home market cars <g>

Randall
<

Randall,

My new (from VB) overdrive switch mounts with the "OVERDRIVE" toward the
driver (right) and up is OFF and down is ON.  And this is the only way it
goes since it mounts in a "D" hole.   On the other hand, a friend of mine
with an older switch (of unknown history) mounts the same way but up is ON
and down is OFF.  Since the British light switches all work as up = ON and
down = OFF I think that mine is per original configuration.

Hope this helps.

Dave
57 TR3 (and others)