Re: suspicious dealings on ebay

Subject: Re: suspicious dealings on ebay
From: adixon@oao.com
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 11:18:48 -0400
I agree that there are some dirty dealings on ebay but out of the millions
of items that have gone up for sale I suspect only a small percentage of
the dealings are crooked. The press however, loves to sensationalize and
would like to make you believe it is rampant.
Things ebb and flow on ebay, they're expensive for a while, then
reasonable, then high again. Sometimes there's a spelling mistake or TR3 vs
TR-3 vs TR2/3 which makes the item harder to find resulting in fewer people
bidding and often a lower price. For all I know it could be because I've
got all the manuals I need and I'm not bidding on them anymore ;-)
At any rate, it's always caveat emptor

By the way, I just bought a Haynes TR2-4A at a reasonable price for Chris
De Wet in S.A.. By great fortune he managed to obtain one there so this one
is excess. I'm going to put it on the Totally Triumph Auction this
afternoon or this evening. Soon as I find the URL.
Andy