Re: suspicious dealings on ebay

To: Bob Simmons <bsimmons@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: suspicious dealings on ebay
From: Mark Dickinson <amdickin@ucalgary.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 09:06:02 -0600

Hey guys and gals:

Prices on ebay are very inconsistent.  For example, the '67 Blaupunkt
AM/FM/SW radio for VW & Porsche has fetched prices from $200 to $400.
Sometimes it just depends who is looking and how much they value the item.
By the way,  I just paid $350 for a set of repair manuals and parts books
for the '65 to '67 Porsche 911!  Fifty bucks ain't so bad if you ask me.
Those books do hold their value.  (Buy one, photocopy it, and sell it
again.  I'm not suggesting breaking copyright laws am I?)

Just know the value of the item you are after.  Stick to your maximum
price.  If it sells for more wait for the next one.  If they are hard to
come by then re-evaluate your maximum bid.  You get the idea.  Have fun and
happy bidding!

Ciao,
Mark Dickinson

1980 Spitfire