GT6 rear oil seal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 rear oil seal
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 11:57:11 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I am going to replace the rear oil seal this weekend and realized that the
engine is being supported by the rear bellhousing plate. If I let off the
jack will the engine be okay supporting itself only on the engine mounts?

Also, once the plate is off what is the easiest way to get the old seal out?

The current instructions I have is drop the rear of the sump and then peel
out the seal.  Is this only way?  Do I have to drop the sump?

When I go to install the new seal do I coat the inside part of the ring in
oil, grease or dry?

Thanks & Regards

        David A. Templeton
        Open Text Corp.