Re: Is there such a thing as a TR6 in Showroom Condition?

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: Is there such a thing as a TR6 in Showroom Condition?
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:00:50 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Chip19474@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
According to Andrew Mace:

> On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 Chip19474@aol.com wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 00-04-05 15:41:20 EDT, amace@unix2.nysed.gov writes:
> >
> > was in the spare tire well - too bad I never kept those odds-n-ends!
>
> Well, I usually did, whenever I came across them. I didn't keep the extra
> brazing rods -- painted Pimento -- that I found in the trunk of a '74
> Spitfire 1500, but I did keep the door sill finishers that I found hidden
> under the trunk mat of dad's '64 1200 convertible -- FOUR YEARS after we'd
> bought the car new. Oh, and the spare set of keys taped to the bottom of
> the windscreen washer bottle: kept them, too....

I was never this lucky, but I remember my brother buying a brand new Super
Beetle.  He was so proud of this new car (just out of high school, going
to college and working his first real job as an intern!) he pulled the back
seat up while vacuuming the first weekend and found two beer bottles and
on of those minature bottles from Jaegermeister.  I guess we know where
workers at the VW plant ate (drank?) their lunches at the factory!!

bill

--
bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |