RE: Is there such a thing as a TR6 in Showroom Condition?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Is there such a thing as a TR6 in Showroom Condition?
From: Rich Scotti <Rich.Scotti@rebis.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:54:09 -0700 charset="iso-8859-1"
My humble observation is that many TR's are, in fact, restored beyond the
condition they were in the day the Triumph dealer sold it. If the expression
"Showroom condition" offers a prospective buyer the impression the car has not
suffered to abuses of a DPO, is that a reasonable statement? While that may be
rare, I have seen plenty of examples of cars indulged by seemingly unlimited
budgets as well as 24 years plus of experience and technology.

Wouldn't it be neat to go to a Triumph showroom EVER and get what rates as a
perfect TR2-6 now-a-days. I have no personal knowledge of any of this, however,
having only ever bought "pre-owned" Triumphs. Can you find a Triumph today that
recreates the "off the lot" experience?

R Scotti
66 TR4A-IRS-SURREY-"Wish my wife would let me buy a OD"