Re: Opinion Requested

Subject: Re: Opinion Requested
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:59:11 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Brian :

I'd go for option B.  In fact, I wouldn't spend the money for a hardtop
(ragtop will do for Ohio winters), and I'd look for some used snow tires
(the skinnier the better) as well as chains to fit them, in about 4
months.  Put tubes in them if you have to, and only snow tires on the
rear.

I would try to attend to the rust (although I don't think much of
Ziebart).  At a minimum, get yourself a can of Duro "Extend" (the stuff
that turns black when it hits rust) and periodically dose any rust you
can find with it.  It won't stop it, but IMO will slow it down
substantially.

BTW I drove a TR3A to Purdue many years ago.  The fun was worth way more
than the headaches. (Although I did get pretty good at push starting the
car by myself <g>)

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver