Re: should I look into this opportunity?

Subject: Re: should I look into this opportunity?
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:45:55 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Andrew Mace wrote:

> I suspect that a '76 is just a bit new yet (under 25 years) for any sort
> of exemption. I could be wrong. Anyone?

Nope, you're right.  Even before '74 is only exempt from biannual smog
inspection in California, all of the original (federal) emmission
controls are required by law to be present and operational.  Plus,
anything made since sometime in the 60s must have the correct federally
mandated safety features.  AFAIK the only exemptions to these rules are
cars imported 'temporarily' for non-citizen's use.

I suspect Sujit knows this, and that is why he's considering swapping
VINs (which BTW is a federal crime).

Randall