Re: Emergency bonnet release cable

To: Davgil@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Emergency bonnet release cable
From: JMHaas@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:02:34 EST
I did indeed add an auxillary bonnet release cable.  I took someone elses
advice which I believe was rather ingenious and very handy.  Instead of
palcing a second release in the same location as the existing (driver's
side), I (we) set up the second release on the passenger side in the same
location as the original.  This provides access to the bonnet from either
side.  In fact, I find I use the passenger side much more often since I need
to go to that side anyways to perform the secondary release.

Installed by simply driling a hole in the firewall, placing a grommet where
the new hole was made, ran the new cable to the release and placed the clip
adjacent to the existing clip.

 Jan
 71 TR6
 CC#577186