Bio

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bio
From: Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:35:35 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
To keep in the spirit of the list here goes.

Name:  Frank Bandre

Age:  46

First involvement with LBC was in 1971 when my sister bought a Spitfire, but
since she did not feel comfortable driving it from the dealer (had just
learned to drive stick) I drove it for her.

Off to college and bought a 1968 Camaro Z28.  Then a Ford Pinto wagon to
better move belongings to and from college.  Got married in July 1974 (just
celebrated 25th anniversary with a trip to Montreal to enjoy the tennis the
first wek of August).  Went on active duty with the Air Force in September
of 1974.  While in Hawaii (1978-1982) got involved in LBCs again.  Our
neighbor's husband was reote in Korea for a year and asked me to take care
of his 1TR4-A.  When he came home, I started to look for an LBC of my own.
Found a 1972 TR6 with overdrive.  Also found a factory hardtop.  During the
four years in Hawaii, met several other service members with LBCs.  During
that time, TSOA was still active and we set up a Hawaii chapter.

Two children later, we moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico.  Had to pass the
state emission inspection.  Our family car, Ford station wagon, failed the
test, but since we were military we got a waiver.  The 72 TR6 passed with
flying colors (in fact the station wanted to redo the test thinking their
equipment was not working - passed again).  In 1985 moved again to Germany.
The TR6 loved the back roads, but it could not keep up with the 240+ kph
BMWs and MBenz's.  Childern became too big to pack on the rear shelf area of
the TR6, so I had to sell it (military limited you to two vehicles and we
had a BMW 525i and a Volvo 740 wagon.

Two moves later found us in southeastern Illinois with a daughter getting
ready to drive.  My wife suggested I look for a sports car since our Chevy
Corsica would be going to our daughter.  Two days later there was an ad in
the local paper for a 76 TR6.  Two days after that (April 1995) it was
sitting in our driveway.

Retired from the Air Force, but remained in the area since both children
were still in high school.  Now one is a junior in college and the second
just started, so any future LBC purchases will need to be put on hold.  With
both children out of the house, will try to get involved with the St Louis
Triumph Owners Association.

Frank
'76 TR6 CF57005U

1968 Chevy Z28
1972 Ford Pinto
1968 Toyota ??
1974 Dodge Aspen Wagon
1972 TR6 w/overdrive
1977 Ford Faimont Wagon
1985 BMW 525i (euro specs)
1986 Volvo 740 Wagon
1988 Ford Aerostar
1994 Chevy Corsica
1976 TR6
1996 Dodge Grand Caravan
1998 Ford Escort
1999/2000 Volvo S70 (to replace Ford Escort when our son takes it to
college)