Re: Bio

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bio
From: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:16:01 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Fred Thomas wrote:

>Great "bio" Philip, now start saving money by learning how to get very
good
>"clean", grease under all of your finger nails, it really looks neat at
the
>cocktail parties when no one knows how it got there and are afraid to ask,
>music major writer with greasy nails, my how revolting, I love even the
thought
>of it.    "FT"

Saving money is good advice.  And the grease will compliment the absorbed
laquer and paint thinner I have flowing through my veins from furniture
refinishing.  But the most fun at intellectual cocktail parties is when I
happen to mention not only my classical music reviews, but my past articles
on Unlimited Hydroplane racing for Powerboat, Boatracing, and Nautical
Quarterly.  You should see the raised eyebrows.  We are a Renaissance man,
indeed.

--Phil Haldeman

Philip Haldeman wrote:

> Having been on the List for only a few months, and having asked a dozen
> questions but only answering 1, I wasn't going to pipe up.  But I see a
> statistical anomaly here, I think.  Has anyone noticed the number of
> successful long-term marriages that are part of these bios?  Does this
> somehow correlate to LBC ownership!?  Do these little Brit cars somehow,
> contrary to received wisdom, keep marriages intact?  But of course!  We
are
> Romantics in a jaded world!
>
> My wife Ann and I will celebrate our 30th anniversary in December.  We
were
> married at the age of 22 while going to the University of Washington.  We
> are now 52.  I am a writer living in---oh, oh---Redmond, WA---but I'm not
> Microsoft millionaire.  (Woulda, coulda, shoulda!)  One of my public,
> self-inflicted assignments is as staff reviewer of classical music for
The
> American Record Guide.  I specialize in British composers (wouldn't you
> know it!) such as Vaughan-Williams, Holst, Bax, Alwyn, Rubbra, Delius,
> Elgar, etc. etc., but also Sibelius, Beethoven, Mozart, etc.  I do
> freelance writing and editorial work by the hour.  I am in the middle of
> revising a first (mystery) novel.  (Anyone know a good literary agent?)
My