Bonnet Release

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "TR: Dan Masters" <DANMAS@aol.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Bonnet Release
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 21:24:21 -0400
Dan Masters writes:

>Enough is enough -- time for drastic measures again!  I have   ordered a
>powerful solenoid, and I will reroute the cable to the passenger side,
with
>NO BENDS, and connect it to the solenoid. I will add a button in the hole
in
>the bracket where the handle used to go, on the drivers side, so I should
>have NO MORE TROUBLE WITH THE #@&^#%# BONNET RELEASE!

Dan, Dan, Dan.

Why didn't you use a windshield wiper motor.  I'll bet you have one lying
around there somewhere.  A simple start button and one revolution and
it automatically stops at home!  A short piece of cable and your done!

OTH, you could get out the hotrod mags and look up an hydraulic hood
raising mechanism and really wow 'em.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6 (with two bonnet release cables)