Re: Prep for POR-15?

To: Skip Montanaro <skip@mojam.com>
Subject: Re: Prep for POR-15?
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 23:39:44 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Skip,

There's been a lot of discussion of POR-15 and other products lately.
www.por15.com has lots of info, an online catalog with details of each
product and a FAQ area. I have a number of their products on order to
refinish a frame and will let the list know what I think when completed.

I am guessing that Metal Prep sold by POR15 is basically phosphoric
acid. For $13 a gallon, I'm buying some to try. There is a similar
product, Jasco Metal Etch available at most paint stores. Good policy
with any metal painting to prep the surface and easy to do!

No financial interest, etc.!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L