re:TR6 Steering wheel

To: Russell Messersmith <krus@worldnet.att.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: re:TR6 Steering wheel
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 20:46:22 -0400
Russell,
I solved this problem by injecting one CC of "superthin" Cyanoacrylate
glue every few inches under the rubber grip against the metal rim.

Getting the glue into the syringe was a challenge.  Injecting into
the steering wheel took a minute.  I used an 18 gauge needle for the injection
and injected from the inner-rear so any neelde tracks would be less
obvious.  So far it works great.  Many months of frequent use and
no loss of adhesion.

-Tony