RE: oil filter

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: oil filter
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:50:00 -0700

On Thursday, June 10, 1999 7:52 AM, Skip Montanaro [SMTP:skip@mojam.com]
wrote:

>     > Speaking of which, my '59 TR3A came with a spin on adapter and a
Fram
>     > PH2825. Fred's using a 3600. Anyone know what's correct? Thanks.
>
> My spin-on adapter (TR250) came with a Fram PH2825 as well.  I just
replaced
> it with a Purolater Pure One PL20064.  As long as the basic dimensions
are
> the same, is there any big difference in the effectiveness of the
> filtration?

Lots of potential differences, including presence/absence of filter bypass
valve (not required for spin-on conversion) and presence/absence of
anti-drainback valve (recommended but not essential).
Some mounting differences aren't immediately apparent, like thread pitch,
and the distance from the mounting surface to the threads.

Probably none of which actually affects filtration efficiency.