Re: Carb Sync

To: CACKERMAN@aimaviation.com, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Carb Sync
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 09:37:25 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chuck,

There is a little adjusting nut in the center of the unit.  You turn
that to force the cone shaped venturi in or out.  That allows you to
increase or decrease the amount of air passing through the sync
instrument.  I had the same question when I bought mine.  You have to
adjust it as change settings on the carbs or change idle speeds.

Good luck.
> Chuck here
>
> Help!
> I bought a carb sync instrument for my 70TR6
> How do I get the little float to move
> (It's not stuck!)
> I removed the air filter Warmed up engine Choke off
> Disconnected the carbs Turn the screws in 1 and a half
> Idled about 1200 plus or minus
> Held it on a carb and messed with what I thought was the adjusting
> screw (maybe just holds the tube upright) Then tried turning the
> center of the tool in and out No luck :-( Do I need to go higher on
> the idle speed Do I have to hold it against the carb with superhuman
> force (So no vacuum leaks) Can somebody bale me out Much appreciated
>
> Chuck Ackerman 70TR6 Seattle, WA

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and
yelling like the passengers in his car.

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Waiting for garage space to start teardown)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Suspension just about ready to install)