Re: Wobbles

To: William Hofmann <bill@flextrim.com>
Subject: Re: Wobbles
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:39:52 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 08:54 21/04/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Has anyone exeperienced the following...
>I puchased a '73 TR6 and at 60 MPH the front end shimmys so...
>I am running out of things to replace.  Anyone got an idea?

I replaced all the wheel bearings on my TR7, according to Haynes (5 ft-lb,
then back one flat). Some months later, I developed shimmy at 75 km/h. It
took me a while to discover the wheel bearings were too loose. I
re-tightened them until they felt right (bugger the manual), and so far - so
good.

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia