Re: Wobbles

To: James Densley <jamesd@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Wobbles
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:00:36 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Netu>
James-
You failed to mention why you think it's the front end so I'm just throwing
things out here.  Steering wheel wiggle?  I know it sounds obvious (and I
realize I will have embarrassed myself for mentioning it) but have you
checked the rims/tires to be true?  Try swapping wheels front to back.
Also the u-joints in the driveshaft (propshaft)?  This can cause one heck
of a vibration if one of these has failed- a balance problem will usually
peak at certain speeds while a out of round or bent rim/tire will usually
get progressively worse- as speed increases

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)