Re: TR3 or TR4?? Help!!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 or TR4?? Help!!
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 21:42:36 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, "Mr. Mike" Passaretti wrote:

>     Chip> The original TR4 chassis is basically a TR2/3/3A
>     Chip> chassis with a slightly wider track.  The TR4A
>     Chip> chassis is _very_ different, and is the same basic
>     Chip> design used in later years for the TR5/250/6.
>
> So can you drop a TR-4 body onto a TR-4A Live Axle chassis?

If I remember correctly (no guarantee of that!), the TR4 and TR4A body
mounting points are the same.  Could be wrong.

I've seen a TR4 body on a TR4-A IRS chassis, so apparantly it can be done.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us