Re: 1978 Spitfire help needed!

To: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@hey.net>
Subject: Re: 1978 Spitfire help needed!
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 22:35:18 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tom O'Malley wrote:
> Practically, it sounds like we need a lister who has fitted an oil
> pressure gauge to his 1500 to report his experience.

  ...or ask a Midget 1500 driver like myself, who has an oil
pressure gauge stock!

  Yes, I get pressure drops during hard braking. From the
cruise of 70 to maybe 15. However, a lot of that is the
natural oil pressure loss from the sudden drop in engine
RPM... hard to say, but it definately exists.

> I'm guessing you mean *spirited driving* and several
> notches down from real RACING...right?  :-)

  My definition would be "Whoa, I didn't see that stop
sign until the last minute because of the mint condition
british racing green XYZ in the oncoming lane".

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada