[Fwd: Re: 63 spit top]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: 63 spit top]
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 23:21:41 -0700
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 23:21:10 -0700
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
To: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Subject: Re: 63 spit top

Odd Hedberg wrote:

> Hi Lewis (and the rest of You gang...),
>
> The Spitfire 4 (aka Mk1) was introduced in October of '62. They
> had made ~1524 of them when the Year ended. All of them with only
> the detachable stick and canvas type soft tops. In September of
> '63 the two options of Hardtop and Overdrive was added to the list
> of optional extras, for customers ordering their cars in Britain.
> They probably didn't take delivery of the cars until late in '63
> or possibly early '64. At the end of '63 the Comm No was FC22664,
> so there You have it. What's Your Comm No?

Odd,
  My commission # on my '64 Spit is FC18225L.  According to the
information above, it's really a '63 that was sold and originally titled
in '64.  Where do you find this sort of info out?  Is this throught the
BMHT somehow?  I'll have to see if I can get the state agency to change
that for me on my title.  What kind of "official" info do I need to
present them with.  I've read about this sort of thing on the list quite
a bit, but now, I gotta deal with it myself.  Anyway, thanks for your
note of explaination, and bringing these numbers up!  I'll have to get
Joe to change the info I gave him in his Spit Database.

  I also have an original steel hardtop, and it appears to fit OK,
except I don't have the mounting hardware, or the rear glass seal for
it.  It's kinda low on the priority list right now, with the
restorations underway.  Thanks again,

Peter Ficklin
'63 Spit - formerly '64
'68 Spit - I think!