Re: Gas tank leak

To: "Malcolm Walker" <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Gas tank leak
From: "Mark A. Erickson" <mlazye@northvalley.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 23:21:07 -0700
Cc: "Joe Curry" <curry@wolfenet.com>, <DJROBERT@IHUG.CO.NZ>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Malcolm,

I felt like you do when I was 16 years old. In the history of this planet,
gasoline has never once exploded.

Question: Why do we use carburetors?
Answer: To turn the gas into a vapor. Vapor explodes!!

PS. If the hole is that big, forget about fixing it.

You can also use a product called "One-to-one" epoxy and fiberglass.
Ono-to-one sticks to metal. Repair the outside with fiberglass cloth then
pour the liquid into the tank, moving the tank about to coat the inside
bottom of the tank.

Mark
triumphs@autox.team.net