Re: [Fwd: Re: 63 spit top]

To: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: 63 spit top]
From: Trevor Jordan <trevor.jordan@rmit.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 17:30:59 +1000
At 16:21 +1000 13/10/97, Peter Ficklin wrote:

>  My commission # on my '64 Spit is FC18225L.  According to the
>information above, it's really a '63 that was sold and originally titled
>in '64.  Where do you find this sort of info out?  Is this throught the
>BMHT somehow?  I'll have to see if I can get the state agency to change
>that for me on my title.  What kind of "official" info do I need to
>present them with.  I've read about this sort of thing on the list quite
>a bit, but now, I gotta deal with it myself.  Anyway, thanks for your
>note of explaination, and bringing these numbers up!  I'll have to get
>Joe to change the info I gave him in his Spit Database.

I would recommend the BMIHT Certificate as it gives you much more
information about the construction and original configuration of the car.

My TR6 has November 1974 on the commission plate (start date?) but a build
date of December 1974 (finish date?) and a shipping date of January 1975 on
the certificate.  It would have arrived at the US dealer about March and
sold sometime later, presumably as a 75 model.  It is now registered as a
74 model based on the commission plate.  Which is correct and who cares?
It is still the same car and, to the extent that the records are reliable,
the commission number number provides the most useful information about
replacement parts, etc.

Trevor Jordan
74? TR6 CF29281U