Re: Gas Tank Leak

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Gas Tank Leak
From: "John Herlig, GARGOYLES coffee bar" <gargoyle@staffnet.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 14:58:41 -0400
OK, guys.  I feel obligated to add to the line of thought about gas tank
welding.

Although it's been a while, I used to live in a very modest home in
Topeka Kansas (sympathy welcomed) that was about 2 blocks from a
veritible mansion on a hill near Shunga Nunga Creek (that, too, is
true).  HERE COMES MY POINT:  the night that I stood in my yard with my
family watching the mansion burn like a pile of twigs you could feel the
heat.  And, "yes," of course that was from the gas-tank welding that was
started on the owner's car just outside said estate's garage.  Oh, the
stories of how careful he'd been.

What do I know -- except that I will never weld a gas tank.  Full,
empty, whatever.

Any way, Mark: I also know that there is some multi-step program
available to clean and seal a gas tank -- if Fred Thomas is back in town
he may be able to offer better details than I in that regard.  I believe
that he performed this on his 59 TR3A.

~John Herlig
GARGOYLES coffee bar

http://www.staffnet.com/gargoyle
540-659-0404
59 TR3A TS57074L, 10 yrs a real junker, drive it every day!