Electric Cooling Fan For Spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electric Cooling Fan For Spitfire
From: "Barry H. Adams" <badams@cyberport.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 05:26:49 -0600
My 74 Spitfire (1500) runs hot in stop and go traffic (its fine on the open
road).  I've done the usual things to lower the temp (re-cored radiator,
replaced thermostat, put water wetter in coolant, etc) all this has helped
a little, but it still, gets hot in traffic.

Will an electric cooling fan help?  If so, can someone suggest where to get
a good one?  Victoria British shows one on page 82 of their catalog.  Is
this a good (efficient) fan?  Also, should the fan be controlled by an
adjustable thermostat, or a manual switch?

Any help or suggests appreciated!

Barry H. Adams
74 Spitfire (1500)