Re: That old Triumph aroma...

To: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com
Subject: Re: That old Triumph aroma...
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 15:38:40 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Larry wrote -

<<Milo, don't complain about a little smell! That's part of the character of
these old cars.>>

SO TRUE - my wife owned a '76 TR6 in college - where we met in 1977.   We
traveled all over the Northeast in that car - etc etc.

Well - mostly because of sentimental reasons attached to that car I bought
her a '74 TR6 last August.  The first and STRONGEST thing that evoked a
strong nostalgic emotion was the SMELL of the TR6.   It is said that smells
will cause the mind to remember things quicker than any of our other senses
and it is certainly true when it comes to the smell of a TR6.

I still enjoy getting into the car just for the smell.

JoeSimcoe