Charles Runyan & TRF

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Charles Runyan & TRF
From: Bruce Krobusek <74106.1335@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 08 May 96 22:43:05 EDT
<soapbox mode ON>

I've been watching folks toast Charles and TRF lately, and I just thought I'd
throw
in my two cents.

First, I don't necessarily get a kick out of "Teddy" used in some of TRF's ads.
If you
read the fine print, that bugger must be getting on in years as he was supposed
have fought in the Battle of Britain. But Charles can do what he wants in his

As far as the Coventry Aviation Society goes, I happen to like the idea. And, as
Charles stated in a post that was copied over to this group a while back, none
of TRF's
monies are going into it. It's all being done with funds obtained elsewhere. I
look
forward to seeing what he's built - from the sounds of things it ought to be
great!

Third, I've seen a comment or two about how TRF hasn't published some catalogs,
etc. Probably very true - I own a TR6 and that seems to be well represented by
just
about everyone. But I find it interesting to note that Moss Motors (California)
has
expanded outside the realm of LBCs and has (apparently) been supporting the
Miata
for some time. Personally, I'd rather support the guy who's going to survive
with the
kinds of cars I'm interested in. If that means I pay just a bit more, or wait a
while for
some parts, I'll do that.

That's not to say that I buy everything from TRF - I don't. If I need a part
ASAP I either
go to Moss or try to find it locally. But given loose time constraints I'll
support TRF.

I've also found the TRF folks to be very friendly, both over the phone and in
person. I'm
hoping to get down to Indiana PA this year for the TRF Summer Party, and I look
forward to meeting more of the TRF staff.

<soapbox mode OFF>

     - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY