Re: Gear Ratios

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gear Ratios
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 22:05:37 -0400
Cc: CMaster808@aol.com
<<Ok for all you mathmatical wiz's

The speedo has an error factor  ( x ) due to the od trans installed,

can't tell you what x equals.  If I where to replace the tires with new

and changed the size (Y) . would x + y = original reading, or close to

at the speedo.   And just what would the size of Y be,>>

Chet - Without much thought I answer - You need to know at least two out of
the three variables to get an answer to any third.  Or at least plug in a
value for one of the variables if you only want to get the ratio between the
other two.  BUT can't be done if you don't know or assume a value for any one
or two of the three (gear ratio - speed and tire size)