Winterization? (or, "How To Store A Loved One")

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Winterization? (or, "How To Store A Loved One")
From: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <74106.1335@compuserve.com>
Date: 24 Oct 95 14:05:31 EDT
>I am just wondering about any advice from the veterans on the list about
>winterization tips for our older cars.

This will be the first winter with my LBC, so I'm not sure myself if anything
highly unusual must be done. I'm also not expecting to leave my car rest
for the entire winter. Assuming that we get some nice, relatively salt-free
(dry) days, and assuming that she is still driveable (all pieces-parts where
they should be) I hope to take her out every so often.

That said, there are a few things I plan (hope) to do before winter settles
in. Most of these are the same things that I do for my motorcycle at season's
end:

    1) Change engine oil
    2) If I'm *really* ambitious I may try changing the filter again as well
    3) Change fluid in the gearbox and diff
    4) Run some fresh brake fluid through the clutch and brake system
    5) Make sure the battery terminals are clean, and come up with a
        way to connect the battery to my motorcycle battery tender.
    6) Probably would be a good idea to hit each grease fitting with
        some grease too.

 I hadn't thought about the emergency brake. I tend to leave it on all the
time, and I probably would have over the winter as well. 'Course I'll be
changing the two cables, so... And I plan on rebuilding the front end, so
I probably don't need to worry about lubing it...

     - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com