TR6 Questions

To: GBSimcoe@aol.com
Subject: TR6 Questions
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 10:30:52 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Congrats on returning to the fold...

1) Oil pressure should probably be about 70psi cold, around 50 hot (above 2000
rpm).

2) I use a normal Craftsman 2500lb jack to raise my TR4A, which probably has
less ground clearance than your TR6. I have to pull the saddle out, but that's
it. The GT6+, which has *really* low clearance, sometimes requires that I raise
the bumper with a small bottle jack before I put the "real" jack under the
frame.

3) Spin-on adapters are great. Oil coolers are great. Go for it. Spend the
extra money and get the thermostatic kit. (Every 10 degrees you lower your oil
temp will extend the lifetime of the engine by 10-20%, I've read.)

Dunno about the rest. Cooling hoses are straightforward; get rid of those
original-style supergrip clamps and replace with good quality all stainless
ones.