TR6 Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Questions
From: GBSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 17:13:27 -0400
As previously told - we're back as a Triumph owner after an absence of 15+
years.  A couple of dumb questions:

1)  Just replaced a faulty oil pressure gauge, and am now curious as to what
the Oil pressure should read.  As far as we know the engine has never been
reworked. (1974 - 90,000 miles or maybe 190,000 miles :-)

2)  Given the low ground clearance, and our lack of a lift - just how in the
blazes does anyone suggest we get at the Oil/Transmission/and Differential
plugs and filler plugs to change the fluids (or is there no way without a
lift)

3)  We will be changing out the oil filter to a new adapter with screw on
filter at the next change (good idea/bad idea ???) - does anyone have any
thoughts on whether or not to also go ahead and add an oil cooler at that
time?

4)  Next months project is to replace all the cooling hoses - any tips or
advice that can be given?

5)  Last (and most troubling) has anyone replaced their gear shift gaiter
with one purchased from Moss recently.  Just did so and - the Moss gaiter
included a rubber ring around the base of the gaiter (believe they call it
the upper boot)  When we took the rotted one out, it didn't have a rubber
ring, and the rubber over the shifter opening seemed to be all one piece
(which I assumed was the Lower boot)  Well the thing was tight as the dickens
to get on, the opening in the gaiter is too small, and then when we did get
it down the rubber ring (upper boot) didn't seem to fit over the other rubber
piece like I thought it would.  Now that it is all back together it is really
tight.  ANY THOUGHTS?

6)  Last (again) anyone on this forum from (or near from) Louisiana?  Am
looking for other LBC owners in the area - (oh and last again - for real -
There is a TR6 for sale in the Baton Rouge paper this morning.  If anyone is
interested post a message and/or e-mail I'll send you the info & number.)

TIA
Joe - Grace's other half !!