Triumphest 1995

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumphest 1995
From: Bruce Harding <Bruce_Harding@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 11:36:00 PDT
I returned yesterday from Triumphest in Palm Springs.  I took my 75 TR6 on
the journey.  The round trip was 2342 miles.  I averaged 25.5 MPG and used
3.5 quarts of oil.  The car was loaded with 400 lbs of people and 200 lbs
of spares,clothes, etc.  Gas mileage was over 27 MPG when doing 60-65 MPH,
but that didn't last long.  Most of the time I cruised at 70-75 MPH.  The
only incidents were heavy winds (meaning swirling dust) for 60 miles just
north of the grapevine causing dust/sand/dirt to be EVERYWHERE, one broken
headlamp going home and one flat tire in the motel parking lot.  The TR6
ran great the entire trip... I even won a gold medal.  The event was well
organized and plenty of fun.  There were around 150 Triumphs of all kinds
including a a couple of models I've never seen before...a 1951 Renown and a
Triumph Seven (Best of show car).  I'd be interested hearing from anyone
who attended.  My TR6 was the French Blue one without the hardtop. The
other French Blue one was featured in British Car awhile back.  It's been
converted to an automatic by the owners son so that his father who is
partially disabled could drive it.

Bruce_Harding@ccm.hf.intel.com