Re: Commission Numbers??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Commission Numbers??
From: egilk@oslonett.no (Egil Kvaleberg)
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 1995 21:24:29 +0200
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
In article <Pine.3.89.9507061359.A27681-0100000@firefly.prairienet.org>,
Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jul 1995, Andrew Mace wrote:
>
> > That's ok, you COULD have referred to it as an MG!; How many times
> > have we all heard THAT? ;-)
>
>       OR... When informed that the car was a Triumph an NOT an MG, got
>       a response of...
>
>               "Oh... When did MG make the Triumph?"

My Largish Triumph is sometimes referred to as a Rover! Well, at least
they get the country right! And perhaps more than that - today we all
"belong" to Rover Group Plc, owned by BMW...

One advantage of owning an extinct marque: It will never be associated
with front-wheel drive nor diesels. Triumph must be unique in having built
a front-wheel drive car (the 1300), realising what a gasthly mistake it
was, and subsequently converted the car to proper rear-wheel drive
(Toldeo/Dolomite).

Egil

--
Email: egilk@oslonett.no  Voice: +47 22523641/92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Smail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway