Accel coil, problems?

To: VDPY33A@prodigy.com
Subject: Accel coil, problems?
From: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 1995 20:17:52 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I just installed a Accel something or another "performance" coil on my
TR6.  (Its a nice pretty yellow :)  I did this in my ongoing project of
attempting to rid myself of some of the random misfires and shyte that
haunt m'car.  I figured that anything had to be better than the
twenty-three year old Lucas unit.  Eris doesn't agree.  Now she has
collected new misfires in new engine speeds.  Does anybody have anyclue
what I might have done wrong?  I merely removed the old coil and straight
replaced it with the new one.  Coils are relatively generic items aren't
they?  Is there any chance that the Accel coil that was designed primarily
for big nasty 'mericun V8s isn't compatible with my tractor engine?
If so would it work on our TR7?  Now that I've installed it I can't get my
$25 back.

                                                -Thomas