Re: TR6 questions

To: LCGMD@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 questions
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 11:48:04 -0900 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

On Fri, 7 Apr 1995 LCGMD@aol.com wrote:

> I'll keep this short (and hopefully simple):
>
> 1) Is there no consensus on the unleaded question?  Should I use a lead
> substitute for my 75 (not unleaded only)?

Most sources say unless you drive exceptionally hard, you're probably ok
without. Use it primarily for your own peace of mind, and go for the
hardened seats, etc., when rebuild time comes.

> 2) What is healthy compression?  I have 110,105,125,110,105,125 for 1-6
> respectively.

Perhaps a bit off the ideal (all within about 10% of each other), but
not too bad.

> 3) Any reason the seatbelt buzzer would be buzzing with doors closed, key out
> of ignition?  Wiring diagram appears to show power coming from ignition
> switch.

The DPO wiring bodge, maybe, or a possible short in the ignition switch?

> Thanks - and I can't resist thanking contributors to the list for their help.
> I'll be off the blocks and on the road (knock wood) that much sooner because
> of it.
>
> Carl Huppert
> 75 TR6

Andy Mace