Re: TR6 questions

To: LCGMD@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 questions
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 09:49:22 -0700
At 8:24 AM 4/7/95, LCGMD@aol.com wrote:
>I'll keep this short (and hopefully simple):
>
>1) Is there no consensus on the unleaded question?  Should I use a lead
>substitute for my 75 (not unleaded only)?

Only if it makes you happy - it probably won't do much for your valves.
Most of the lead substitutes increase octane but don't protect valve seats
- RedLine's is supposed to be the exception. But Triumph were fitting
hardened seats from the early 70's on.

>2) What is healthy compression?  I have 110,105,125,110,105,125 for 1-6
>respectively.

Rather than look for a particular number, look for the spread. I get
uncomfortable when individual readings are more than 10% below the maximum
reading.