Spitfire conversion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire conversion
From: Shaun Brame <sb@strat-sys.bt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 95 15:30:26 BST
Dear Triumph-listers,

A friend of mine is about to embark on his latest project of
dropping 3.5 Rover into one of his Mk4 Spit's (I'm sorry if
that made any triumph purists on this list whince ;-) ). Has
anyone seen this done before, if so I have a couple of questions.

What gearbox & bell housing was used ?

What axle was used ?

How much grunt can a standard 1500 axle take ?

What exhaust manifolds were used? We think the rover ones will
foul the chassis and TVR want #1600 for a pair of their's which
goes forwards from the engine and them under the car. Is it
possible to swap the rover manifolds over so they go forwards?

Any help/pointers appreciated

Shaun Brame
sb@strat-sys.bt.co.uk