Re: TR4A Brake Master

To: pcarson@primenet.com
Subject: Re: TR4A Brake Master
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HPATC1.desk.hp.com
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 95 10:11:00 -0400
Cc: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Paul,

No, in my travels, I have never seen another TR4A with
this brake servo in it. I would like to say I have seen
a picture in Piggot's book, but, maybe that's just a
chemical memory. I have noticed that some other TR4A's
do have a convex in the inner fender where this servo
would be mounted on a right hand drive car. Actually,
there is a dent that would give clearence to the servo.
Near as I can tell, it's the same servo that would be
found on TR6's. The masters stick put from the bulk-
head on my car rather than being mounted on top. It's
the way the car came to me.

The VIN is CTC 64354L. But, it does have an overdrive.
The o/d was laying in the boot. The PO new nothing! I
cleaned it up and stuck it in the car. Works great! But,
needs new seals, which I may or may not do this summer.
I have the seals to hand. Just trying to stay focused on
the '72 Midget reconstruction going on in the garage.

A friend, George Haynes, is also doing a ground up resto
on his TR4A. I can't remember his VIN, but, I think his
is a '65 that he purchased in Calif and drove east.

Alan