Re: SU carbsInstalling 1969

To: Jeffery Maurer <jlmaurer@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: SU carbsInstalling 1969
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:18:09 -0700 (PDT)
I have just about the same setup on my '72.
Possibly one or both carb butterfly valves are not
properly installed on the throttle shafts, and
they do not close fully?

Are the correct springs in the dampers?

Also make sure that the air filters, etc. do
not block the vent holes on the outer flange
of the carbs (where the air filters bolt up).
If you install the filters upside-down these
vents will be blocked.

Do you have one of those flat round PCV valves
on the manifild? Is it properly hooked up?

Good Luck,

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org