RE: Wheel bearing problem

To: JStasyszen@odmhsas.org
Subject: RE: Wheel bearing problem
From: "v6spitfireguy@cox.net" <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:11:02 -0400
Without the proper axle flange pulling tool (or reasonable facsimile) it is
highly unlikely you will be able to remove the axle flange without
destroying it.  Simply taking it to a machine shop to stick it in a press
won't do.  Once the axle flange is off however, it not all that difficult a
job  now if you are also replacing the flange  then take it to a shop
since you dont care about the old one :-)

Barry Schwartz
(San Diego, CA)