LED electrical gremlins

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: LED electrical gremlins
From: "bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net"
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:44:30 -0400
I bought some replacement LED bulbs for the Spitfire.  These are to replace
the 1157 bulbs on the running and brake on my 72  the LEDs work fine when
you just connect them to a battery source so they do work.  When I removed
the left side bulb and replace it with the LED unit it wont work  either
brake or running, but it will work on the right, running only.  The
incandescent ones work on either side.  Ive switched LED bulbs tried every
combo of bulb and socket, checked the connections etc. and this is all I
can get to work  any ideas why the LED dont work but the regular lamps
work fine???
Ive resigned to using them in my truck but I really liked the idea of the
LEDs for the Spitfire!