Re: Idle

To: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: Idle
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 23:35:37 -0000
Michael - for the record, it was common to see a drop in idle speed on cars
when new - as all lights were operated, especially when fitted with dynamos.
I've had a similar problem on both the PI and 2000. In my case, it was a
noticeable drop (though not to stalling) and a surge in lamp brightness when
increasing revs and rather more than I remembered of yore. I *think* I sorted
it out by spending a fiddly morning wire brushing lamp contacts and doing what
I could to clean accumulated crud off the female plugs. Sprayed male and
female terminals with anti-damp and things are much better now.

BTW, thanks for your booking for the Run - 23 May.

Jonmac