Re: tappets

To: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tappets
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:55:51 -0700
Nolan,

Just so there is no misunderstanding, I was simply trying to ascertain where
you were deriving the hot valve adjustment specs from since I had never seen
them published anywhere before.  Nothing more, nothing less.

And as for the guy who claims his MGB mechanic adjusts the tappets while the
engine's running, all I can say is look out for the scalding motor oil!

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'68 Spitfire Mk3 frame off, bare metal project, aka "Mrs. Jones"
'70 GT6+ "Accidental", eventual restoration project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Photos, How-To's, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net