Re: O2/Lambda Sensor - Now Temperature

To: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>,
Subject: Re: O2/Lambda Sensor - Now Temperature
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:15:18 +0100
Richard,

> Our old engines should (all being well!) be running at rather less than
> that, the available thermostats are all designed for noticably lower
> temperatures, I think the highest-temp themostat I've spotted sold for a
> Spit is 190F - 88C.  So water temperature should be well within the gauge
> range.

Thanks for this info - so the gauge should work - and if it didnt then
something is seriously wrong. Any ideas where to make a hole to stick the
sensor in to? Im guessing once the stuff is being pumped around anywhere
will do. I hope the pressure isnt too much. Im guessing I can secure it with
some epoxy or something - that should surely hold.

> Where will the cabin temp sensor go?  On a cool day, with the top down and
> the heater on, my feet are probably 10deg warmer than my ears!

Ahhh - good point - well Im not sure now. Do you really need to know the
temperature of your feet? All I know is that theyre nice and toasty. So
perhaps up near the steering wheel - just under the dash. Or perhaps
somewhere in the right side "demister pad thing" box.

I think it'll be very cool to know the actual water temperature. I don't
know what use this information really is - but its a bit more accurate than
my gauge.

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit