RE: O2/Lambda Sensor - Now Temperature

To: "'James Carruthers'" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: O2/Lambda Sensor - Now Temperature
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:49:04 +0100
James,

Modern car engines are designed to run with water temperatures up to 110deg
C (as it leaves the engine, before cooling in the rad) - the pressurised
water boils at a higher temperature than water normally does at room temp
(i.e.100deg C).

Our old engines should (all being well!) be running at rather less than
that, the available thermostats are all designed for noticably lower
temperatures, I think the highest-temp themostat I've spotted sold for a
Spit is 190F - 88C.  So water temperature should be well within the gauge
range.

Where will the cabin temp sensor go?  On a cool day, with the top down and
the heater on, my feet are probably 10deg warmer than my ears!

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the
sender
urgently and dispose of this email