Re: Need advice on mounting position for 3 point belts.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need advice on mounting position for 3 point belts.
From: "Joe Guinan" <spitfirejoe@email.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:16:34 +0800
(SNIP)My thoughts about the shoulder belt mount are leaning towards the rear
wheel well. As close to the top as possible and of course I would have to
fabricate and weld in reinforcement plates for the mounting hole. Has anyone on
the list faced this problem?(END SNIP)

That's exactly where the factory mounted the attachments for belts in later
Spits.  Reinforcement plates about 2 inches square (if I recall) can be seen
inside the wheel wells. I would think you could do the same thing.

The Haynes Manual shows typical layouts, and I know the Vicky Brit catalog
sells seat belt kits at a reasonable price - $60 each in their Winter Special
catalog, not sure if that's discounted or not.

Joe Guinan
spitfirejoe@email.com