Stuck brake bleeding nipple

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Stuck brake bleeding nipple
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 10:02:09 -0500
Sorry about all the questions recently, but I appreciate all
the great advice.  I have to admit that this one is about the
TSV although I have had the same problem with the spit.

I have a stuck brake bleeder nipple.  A breaker bar and the
correct size socket just rounded it off.  Penetrating fluid
didn't help.  I'm thinking that heat would not be a good idea
on a brake caliper (front disc brakes) what with the hydraulic
fluid and various seals.

I MAY try cracking open the brake line where it goes into the
caliper and bleeding it that way.  (a mess).  But could there
be air inside the caliper that I wouldn't be getting out that way?
Do I have any other options?

TIA!

Greg Rowe