Re: Re: Spit carb part & an unrelated story

To: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Spit carb part & an unrelated story
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:51:43 -0600
I had a Corvair. It had one carb. Two carbs would have made it a Monza. I
guess no top would have made it a Spyder. Gas was .25 a gallon. I bought gas
in one dollar increments. One dollar would get home from College. I had a
problem getting back to school one time. I passed ever car going less than
70. After the third car I passed, it was like I ran out of gas. When I
sputtered off to the side of the road and all the cars I had passed went by,
the motor perked up again. I passed all the cars again, then it was like I
ran out of gas again. I sputtered to the side of the road and, after a
minute or so the damn car perked up and ran fine to OKC. I had to find a
Porche mechanic to tell me it was the float level. The motor never fell out
on the highway like Ralph Nader said it would.